They have a unique opportunity to revamp him completely (Mario too if they have him use Cappy) because Breath of the Wild is a lot different from TP Link. Breakable weapons, no clawshot/hookshot, and the Sheikah Slate. He doesn't carry traditional bombs, or boomerangs either not to mention he has multiple types of weapons. Now I don't think they should make him use a Great Flame Sword or something, give him the Master Sword and Hylian Shield but that's it. For alternate costumes, just give him the various sets you can get in the game like the: Ancient Armour Set, Desert Voe Armour Set etc. Choose about eight. If Custom Moves are returning, use that opportunity to maybe give him different arrow types and weaponry.
Neutral Special: Ancient Arrows
-The ancient arrows could have a mini gravitational effect if it misses and hits you the way it would hit a Guardian. Mostly aesthetic just to make the arrows feel up to date. Ice Arrows, Bomb Arrows, Fire Arrows and Regular Arrows for custom arrows.
Side Special: Magnesis or Cryonis
- Use magnetisim to pull your foe closer to you
- Use ice to create rectangular ice walls that break in one hit
Down Special: Sheikah Slate Square Bombs
- Standard Link Bombs just with the BOTW square bomb look. They don't roll.
Up Special: Revali's Gale
- Ride on a huge gust of wind to carry you and your enemies skyward with the option to glide down with the paraglider.
Block: Daruk's Protection
- Purely aesthetic, Link's shield will look like Daruk's Protection the same way Yoshi's shield is a egg.
- Link takes out the Sheikah Slate to time stop the opponent but it has start up time and lag if it misses. But as a result, it can be use from a distance. Very punishable on whiff.
Dash Attack: Sliding Downward Slash
- No more fucking jumping slash, but not the sliding piercing thrust either.
Final Smash: Master Cycle Arrow Barrage
- Link materializes the Master Cycle and then runs over his opponent, upon hit, he hops off, using the slow motion focus and you can fire a number of arrows before the stamina gauge depletes.
Forward Tilt: Parry/Perfect Parry
- Link swings his shield forward and hits his foe, but with frame perfect timing, Link can parry projectiles and melee attacks. Super punishable on whiff.
Taunts: Link Cooking Animation and Humming
********************WILL UPDATE PERIODICALLY*********************
THOUGHTS GUYS? I'm doing this for run, don't take it too seriously.