Not too long ago on Jay D. Legend's channel, he had a stream where we came in and listed our favorite 20 One Piece characters. Not best, not strongest just those who were subjectively our favorites. Since I pretty much was just being a shit disturber the whole stream and hardly took the time to explain why these characters were my favorites, I thought I'd take the time to do it here and make a little video on it. So here are my current favorite twenty One Piece characters...(fyi aside from my top 6 give or take, I probably answer this question differently every time I'm asked):
20. Belo Betty - She just happened to leave a strong impression on me upon introduction. The way she led, took control and handled the situation was impressive in my opinion. Not to mention I love that her ability correlates to revolutionary work on top of her having a cool design. I have high hopes for her.
19. Arlong - I think he's one of the better One Piece villains to this day and Arlong Park (the arc) is regarded as the highest point of the East Blue Saga. From how he operated, looked, even cared for his own kind mixed with the fact he did what he did to Nami...man, this guy was a monster. Even had Marines in his pocket. Seeing him go down was satisfying as hell.
18. Wyper - Not only is he smoking a blunt (don't argue with me) this dude has HEART. He put centuries of history on his back and did everything he could to fight for his people and ancestry. I have nothing but respect for this man. 'REJECCTO!"
17. Enel - When I first visited Skypiea and Enel took everyone down, including Zoro in the fashion in which he did it...I truly felt a level of despair I felt when everyone was fighting Freeza on Namek. I really thought he was unstoppable. I think his confrontation with Luffy is underrated and he was a really compelling antagonist in my eyes. Thunder is always cool.
16. Jinbe - He's the greatest representation of his species. This man is honourable, caring, loyal and he's ride or die. One thing outside of all of that and his impressive combat feats that I truly like about Jinbe is that he's one of the few people who can get Luffy to listen to reason. And that says a lot about the kind of man Jinbe is. GOATED.
15. Sabo - This man right here just fits my definition of cool. I just think Sabo is really cool. He helped me get over Ace by taking on the big brother role for Luffy and inheriting Ace's Flame...it's like he's still here living through Sabo (and Luffy). He a Revolutionary which I like, love love the top hat and steampunk kinda of look he's got. What's not to like?
14. Don Kreig - Look man...I absolutely adore this nigga. He's RAW. Gold armour, diamond brass knuckles, flamethrowers, caltrops, spikes, poison gas, shields, GUNS AND AN EXPLODING SPEAR. He will do whatever it takes to win, he's clearly got the respect to have hella people work under him and he, (in my opinion) had one of the best pre Grand Line preparations of all time. He just go very unlucky.
13. Perona - My Ghost Princess! Perona is the sexiest character in One Piece to me. Gothic Lolita style with those eyes, pink hair and I love her attitude. She really top two not to mention her fight with Goatsopp was hilarious and fun. She's one of those character I just love seeing even though she's not important in the grand scheme of things.👻 👻
12. Kumadori - YOI YOIII. I thought this guy was an absolute riot, he's fucking funny as shit. Him and Kaku are my favourite CP9 members, they are entertaining as they are deadly. YOI YOI!
11. Foxy - I like goofy shit. This guy is a goof ball with a pretty awesome ability. I enjoy seeing him and the Davy Back Fight was fire, I don't care if you disagree, Foxy put on a show during the Long Ring Long Land Arc and I want more. NORO NORO BEAM OUT and he also has my favourite One Piece laugh!
10. Basil Hawkins - The Magician. This was the Supernova I took the biggest liking to when they were first introduced. Design, one of the most intriguing powers imo & I like the cards gimmick. He's one of the more cerebral characters in the series and though he probably went out as sad as he possibly could (for now), I am enjoying seeing him do what he's doing on Wano.
9. Monkey D. Garp - The Hero of the Marines. The Fist. He's an absolute legend who's experienced one hell of an interesting life. Took down Rocks with Roger, fought Roger, raised Ace, Dragon is his son, Luffy is his grandson and behind the apery lies a man who extremely wise and experienced. He's one of the most interesting One Piece characters to me.
8. Boa Hancock - Strongest woman in the world after Big Mom (Smoothie MID). Every showing of Hancock versus anyone she was against has ended in her complete & utter victory (minus Luffy). She has Haoshoku Haki , she's gorgeous, she's strong and her maiden in love gag is funny. I really was impressed with her from jump so I hope my expectation are met...that being said, Y'ALL SEE THAT KICK IN STAMPEDE!? BOSS BITCH.
7. Shirahoshi - Reverie may have gone and passed...where I was hoping she'd play a huge role in trying to fulfill her mother's wish, but I still like her character a lot. Simply put, it was her ability to choose peace and love over vengeance, to truly understand the teachings of Otohime and adhere to them. She still has a huge roll to play since she is the Ancient Weapon Poseidon so hopefully she does something truly special.
6. Marshall D. Teach - Zeehahahahaaha. Blackbeard aka MY Yonko aka THE FUTURE PIRATE KING is the definition of a caged beast unleashed. Once he had the ability he deemed necessary to turn the world on its head, that's EXACTLY what he did. There were hiccups and trials he had to overcome but ultimately watching his speedy rise to the top was a treat and I can't wait for more. He also has one of the deadliest crews, two abilities and I know he has more surprises for us.
5. Zephry - "bUt hE's nOT CanON". I don't care. This is an underrated character and the best One Piece Films' antagonist. I think what he meant for the Marines, the course of his life and how it shaped him made him such a great and understandable antagonist. He went out like a boss and I love strong characters with no Devil Fruits too.
4. Iceberg - I just like his character, found him entertaining and loved his role during the Water 7 Saga. He got to the truth about Robin, the SHs and didn't back down in the face of CP9. HE'S GOT A PET MOUSE NAMED TYRANNOSAURUS! Tom's apprentice, Galley-La Company president, fantastic mayor & shipwright. A goat. "Nmaa".
3. Borsalino - Kizaru is my favourite Marine. He had a big impact on me when introduced. "Have you ever been kicked at the speed of light?" I think light, is the best Logia element in the series & I like that he's always about that action, ready to apprehend criminals. He tends to get a bad wrap from the community at times but I think he's awesome. Always have, always will. Underappreciated.
2. Nico Robin - She's always been a serious favourite of mine. Ever since Alabasta. It's not going to change. Perfect mixture of various elements and personality traits that have made her my second favorite One Piece character for over a decade. In a lot of ways she is the most important SH. My intellectual queen. Not only is she my favorite SH, she's my favorite female character in the series who's a part of my favorite scene of all time. "I WANT TO LIVE". I cried & every time I watch or read the scene, my hairs stand up. I get chills. To see a character that went through so much to the point where she didn't value her life one bit actually find the will to value her life enough to scream and fight for it? Emotional payoff.
1. Crocodile - CROCODILE aka Baroque Works' President aka Mr 0. He's my personal favorite, I don't think he's the BEST per say though I could argue it. Rawness, swag, high DF mastery and a great mind. Crocodile has been my favorite character in One Piece since his introduction. It's never changed and I lost my goddamned mind when he popped back up in Impel Down. Desert KING. I hope to see him soon in the current story. Love his drip, I think his Impel Down fit goes harder than the one he was wearing in Alabasta, his Stampede fit is clean too. He looks really fucking cool to me. But by now y'all already know Croc is my guy.🐐🐐